Malta is thriving entertainment and cultural hub of activity for both local and foreign artists and performers. Their activity as that of their managers, producers and other operators is regulated by relative ad hoc contracts.
The particular attractive aspects of Maltese fiscal legislation also make the country an interesting and ideal jurisdiction for the movers and shakers within the industry.
The country also has a thriving film industry and has hosted the production of some important films over the years. To this end a number of incentives are put in place to encourage further growth in this sector. These incentives comprise:
- Financial Incentives for feature film and television productions, mini-series, animation and documentaries which are at least partially produced in Malta. These incentives are in the form of a cash grant given to eligible productions on the qualifying expenditure incurred in Malta with up to 25% of the eligible expenditure which can be obtained as a cash rebate by a qualifying production company once filming is complete.
- Tax Credits. Investment aid for audiovisual facilities is available and is offered in the form of tax credits to a qualifying company in respect to an initial investment project in relation to qualifying expenditure.
- Co-production status and possibilities and Investment Funds set-up through the obtaining provisions on Funds, and
- Access to the Malta Film Fund which was established in 2008 to promote and foster an environment in which the Maltese audiovisual industry can develop and grow by apportioning an amount of funding for development and production of audiovisual projects and to encourage training and networking amongst audiovisual professionals.
PCM Legal provides services in the following areas:
- Performing Arts Agreement
- Sponsorship Agreement
- Media License Applications